What do I have to do to prepare for a Thermogram?
There are a few guidelines for preparing for a thermal scan:
- No prolonged sun exposure (especially sunburn) to the areas to be imaged 5 days prior to your exam.
- No use of lotions, creams, powders, or makeup (for full/upper body or head no makeup on face) on areas to be imaged the day of the exam.
- No shaving or other hair removal of the areas to be imaged the day of the exam.
- No use of deodorants or antiperspirants the day of your exam.
- No physical stimulation or treatment of the breasts, chest, neck, or back for 24 hours before the exam (no chiropractic, acupuncture, TENS, physical therapy, electrical muscle stimulation, ultrasound, sauna, steam room, hot or cold pack use).
- No exercise 4 hours prior to your exam. No dry brushing, hot bathing or hot showering.
- No tobacco use, caffeinated soda, coffee, alcohol or tea 4 hours prior to exam.
- Should not take any medication that may affect your temperature or nervous system such as pain pills, aspirin, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. No fever.
- Have not breastfed or lactating for at least 4-6 months if your hair falls below neck wear clipped back and up. Wait 3 months post-surgery and 6 months post radiation to schedule appointment